Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Watery Wednesday- Belize





This is just about as watery as it gets! These were taken in the barrier reef of Belize when I went there this past summer for a field study. Belize has the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world and is one of the best preserved. I went snorkeling about 3 times a day for a week. We even went on a night snorkel one night which was pretty cool.

For more Watery Wednesday click here.

17 comments:

Mojo said...

I've always wanted to do underwater photography, and shots like these are exactly the reason why. I just never had the gear for it.

Nice work!

Dorothy said...

That's pretty watery, okay!! I've always been fascinated with the ocean and the creatures that live there!! If I were not afraid, I would have liked to have been a scuba diver and just look around under there!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I love your WW posts. I also get excited to see marine creatures. They're just amazing!

simply divina said...

Hi Allison,
I love all your watery wednesday. I lo0ve to go to Belize someday, I always heard that from my friend and that is part of guatemala before and now they are separated. Anyway, nice post! Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

I love your watery shots. Yep, this is about as watery as they get and these are so cool!

I'm wondering if you looked like a prune after diving 3 times a day for a week. :-D LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh these are amazing! I've always wanted to do something like that.

Anonymous said...

Oh So Beautiful!!! The only thing missing is ME waving back at the camera!!! hehehe

Anonymous said...

Very cool shots. Being a birdwatcher, I think of Belize more from that perspective, and not below the surface. Amazing corals!

Unknown said...

I have a few friends that scuba dive down in Belize and can't wait to get back the next time ... for just the reason you show in your photos.

Carletta said...

Wonderful shots!
It's certainly a different world under the sea.
That first one reminds me of pumpkins. :)

Anonymous said...

I just love snorkeling and free diving too. If I had that body of water as my front yard, I'd be in it three times a day too. Happy Holidays everyday.

Terri said...

Beautiful photos Allison! Were you under water when you took these?

Guy D said...

Wonderful underwater shots, and I must say how much I love your header pic, catches me every time I visit your blog.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

michael bird said...

The traveling shutter bug does it again! Very nice, Allison. Your trips to all these neat places is an education in itself. Very nifty - that would be your travels and your photos.

Leedra said...

These photos are cool! Sure you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Underwater photos..could it get any better than that..I don't think so..

Judy said...

I agree with Dorothy - if I were not afraid of being under water, I would be there with you. As it is, I am so happy that you were able to create the photos and I can view them from the safety of dry land!
And I also wonder if you looked like a prune!
Thanks for sharing!