Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crater Lake National Park-Oregon

The "Phantom Ship"


You could take a tour around Crater Lake in the boats that you see above, if you wanted to.
This is where my family and I went on vacation this past summer. We spent 2 weeks exploring Oregon and Washington. Crater Lake was probably the most beautiful part of the whole entire trip. The deep blue color of the water you see in the pictures is what it really looks like, if not even darker. Crater Lake is 1,943 ft deep at its deepest point, making it the 7th deepest lake in the world and the deepest lake in the US.

For more Watery Wednesday posts, click here!

5 comments:

Linnea said...

Oh...I too love Crater Lake. These photos are gorgeous and really show off the clear blue water and rugged crater. I've hiked to the top of Wizard Island - pretty cool up there!!

Unknown said...

spectacular photos! what a beautiful lake! the first photo is stunning.

Jim said...

Some truly spectacular views.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

eileeninmd said...

Awesoem photos, I've never been but would like to see it someday. Your photos are great and thanks for sharing.

Quilt Works said...

Oh my good, Oregon is so beatiful! I am a follower now. I want to see more!!


Cast your vote for which of my artworks should be the next free giveaway